A little snippet of history will bless you. In one of the churches in Shanghai, which was just crowded with people, the pastor told us, “I don’t know why during the Cultural Revolution this church building was not destroyed. But it still stands nearly a hundred years after it was built.We have many baptismal services in the church. A few years ago the pastor at that time said he wished we could do baptisms in the church rather than always seeking a different venue. An elderly woman here remembered that, as a little girl she saw many people being baptized in the church. So they began a search from floor to floor, looking for a baptistry and sure enough, they were thrilled when they found it. Now, we average about six baptisms a week.”
On hearing that, I just paused to thank the Lord for the ways in which He does what He does, and reminds us that stones do still speak of his work across time. If stones can do that, how much more must we speak at such a time as this. Here at RZIM we will continue to speak, write, and represent the powerful message of the gospel.
We welcome a speaker from Compassion Australia this Sunday with a small group workshop at 9, followed by a presentation in the service at 10:10 a.m. Come along and hear what God is doing through the work of Compassion Australia.
What to Say to someone who says Jesus wasn’t a real person…
An excellent explanation of the historic evidence for Jesus by Tim Keller, author and pastor of Redeemer Church.
What do you know of Jesus ?
Focus on Him – “Draw near to God and he will draw near to you” James 4:8
Biblical Description of Jesus – His Attributes
When we look at the biblical description of Jesus from God’s perspective the image is magnificent. What attributes does God use for the One He exalts to the highest place, who is given a name above every name, whereupon every knee in heaven and on and under the earth will bow?
- With God in the Beginning (John 1:1-4; 17:5) – There was no point at which Christ suddenly came into being or began a relationship with God. Jesus is eternal.
- Word made Flesh (John 1:14; 1 Timothy 3:16) – Christ did not “appear” as a man, but humanity was added to His deity when He became “flesh.”
- Image of the Invisible God (Colossians 1:15-17; John 1:17) – Christ is the perfect manifestation of God—the very substance and embodiment of the Creator.
- Mediator between God and man (1 Timothy 2:5; 1 Corinthians 8:6) – There is only one way to approach God—through the Son of Man who gave Himself as a ransom for mankind.
- Head over All Things (Philippians 2:9-11; 1 Corinthians 15:27-28) – Christ’s name is not simply a title. It refers to His position of highest dignity and honor at the Father’s right hand.
Biblical Description of Jesus – His Self Examination. A biblical description of Jesus based on His own self-examination reflects…..
Click the Link below for the full article:
Ravi Zaccharias from RZIM answers a tough question that many want answered.
1. What is your vocation.
2. How is your work “Good”, that is, fulfils God’s mandate “for 6 days you shall work…” (What will it look like after Christ returns ? )
3. How has the world “Warped” your work ? (How has sin effected your workplace / or work ?)
4. How can you help to bring Healing in your workplace, as you seek first the kingdom of God ?
5. How can you share God’s big story naturally in your work place ?