Biblical Description of Jesus
Biblical Description of Jesus – His Attributes
When we look at the biblical description of Jesus from God’s perspective the image is magnificent. What attributes does God use for the One He exalts to the highest place, who is given a name above every name, whereupon every knee in heaven and on and under the earth will bow?
- With God in the Beginning (John 1:1-4; 17:5) – There was no point at which Christ suddenly came into being or began a relationship with God. Jesus is eternal.
- Word made Flesh (John 1:14; 1 Timothy 3:16) – Christ did not “appear” as a man, but humanity was added to His deity when He became “flesh.”
- Image of the Invisible God (Colossians 1:15-17; John 1:17) – Christ is the perfect manifestation of God—the very substance and embodiment of the Creator.
- Mediator between God and man (1 Timothy 2:5; 1 Corinthians 8:6) – There is only one way to approach God—through the Son of Man who gave Himself as a ransom for mankind.
- Head over All Things (Philippians 2:9-11; 1 Corinthians 15:27-28) – Christ’s name is not simply a title. It refers to His position of highest dignity and honor at the Father’s right hand.
Biblical Description of Jesus – His Self Examination. A biblical description of Jesus based on His own self-examination reflects…..
Click the Link below for the full article: